“The hospital is a human invention and as such can be reinvented at any time” Leland R. Kaiser
The recent healthcare challenges we face force us all to consider how we design healthcare environments. Many products exist that can substantially improve healthcare environments and ensure a better experience for all who pass through. At times for lack of will, budget or desire these products have been ignored in the pursuit of a lesser solution. It’s important we don’t add ignorance to the list of excuses…
Let’s start with the vertical surfaces [walls]
Newmor is a UK based manufacturer who specialises in commercial quality, wide width fabric backed vinyl wallcoverings. They have thousands of stocked textures, customisable digital prints, designer collaborations and an in house graphic design studio. All product is manufactured locally at their factory in Wales, UK.
Fabric backed vinyl wallcoverings are the perfect solution for healthcare interiors. They are:
- Highly durable, suitable for high volume traffic areas. Newmor wallcoverings will last at least 12-15 years when properly installed.
- Hygienic, all their vinyl wallcoverings can be scrubbed or washed down with detergents and dilute chlorine releasing agents. Additionally all designs in the healthcare collections have been treated with Ultra- Fresh.
- Flame Retardant. All Newmor product is rated to exception flame retardant standards and achieves both a AS/NZS 3837 – Group 1 rating, and the NZ ISO5660.1 Group 1S rating.
- Tedlar coated. Elements of the range can also be supplied with our amazing Tedlar coating which provides an impervious barrier against stains, making it easy to wipe away everything from graffiti to betadine.
Engineered to withstand impact, abrasion, high volumes of traffic and frequent cleaning Newmor wallcoverings are exceptionally durable, lasting at least 12-15 years when properly installed. Newmor vinyl wallcoverings are coloured all the way through to ensure dents and scratches don’t affect appearance. It is also resistant to the harsh, regular cleaning required in healthcare interiors, Newmor vinyl wallcoverings can be scrubbed with dilute chlorine releasing agents.
Ultra Fresh is an anti-microbial technology engineered to produce highly effective broad spectrum activity against bacteria, fungi and algae which may cause odour , discolouration and product degradation. Ultra fresh has also been proven to significantly lower dust mite popoulations, resulting in fewer dust mite allergens. Ultra Fresh is US EPA registered, BPR compliant and Oeko-Tex listed.
Tedlar® Wallcoverings are protected by a film that provides an impervious barrier against stains, making it easy to wipe away everything from graffiti to betadine.
Our Tedlar® coated wallcoverings can withstand even the harshest industrial cleaning products,including bleach and alcohol-based solvents. It is even unaffected by strong acids, bases and acetone. You can read more about Tedlar here
Many of the elements have been combined into a super product Newmor Shield. It is a highly durable, anti-microbial, Tedlar® coated wallcovering offering the highest durability and protection for healthcare interiors. Perfect for high traffic areas such as corrdidors, receptions and waiting areas.
- Osnaburg backing
- Tedlar® coated
- Ultra Fresh antimicrobial
But our Newmor healthcare offering doesn’t stop there.
The Newmor healthcare range extends into:
- Custom wallcoverings
- Digital bespoke designs
- Digitally printed glass films – window graphics
- Dry Erase wallpaper
“There are far far better things ahead than any we leave behind” -C.S. LEWIS