The new Hume Internationale wallcovering web site is the end and also the beginning of an exciting and fulfilling journey for the company.
Hume Internationale has been in motion for 39 years, the journey has now arrived at the internet door and it is about to step through….
Let’s talk about the site
it is a pixel by pixel journey that could not have been completed without the wonderful web design skills of Ralph Mason from Page Affairs and the amazing graphic talents of Luke Featherston from Featherston Design. Most people take for granted what is now available on the internet but every pixel of space anywhere on the net has had someone, somewhere, somehow slave over the code behind it and the look and feel of the page, long before the content arrives. Without talented people like this, the web becomes a poorer place.
Let’s talk about the journey
This in one way, is the culmination of 39 years work. Life comes together in strange ways and the many threads that needed to merge to present this outcome are too numerous to mention in detail, but here is a short summary:
- David Hume had to go and more importantly come back from Vietnam
- Rhys Hobson had to decide he needed another company
- Barry Walters had first to leave Ballarat and then leave the car industry. In the ensuing 29 years he had to successfully navigate one of the bigger industry downturns and along the way to takeover and build what Hume Internationale has now become: outstanding supplier collections; innovative products; efficient logistics systems.
- The internet had to be invented and evolve to the point where something like this became possible
- Our suppliers had to produce the dramatic collection images you will encounter as you explore our design studios
Hume Internationale for many people is one of their best kept secrets, for many others it is the secret they are about to discover.
We sincerely believe that even those that know us well will be surprised by the depth, breadth and quality of our range. The internet now makes it possible to deliver the creative potential of the industry through a different medium. As a result we can now bring the company out of the cupboard and present to you in a very powerful way, all the elements of our range and the substantial benefits we offer the wall design industry. From our extensive commercial wallcovering and upholstery range and their extensions into digital walls, rapoxy, patent decor and crakgon, through to our stunning residential vlies and textile wallcovering ranges, you can now experience the passion we have known for decades.
We cover walls, we are proud to do it, have done so for over 39 years and don’t want for anything else.
We are here to support the wall design industry, are always looking for new ways to do this. This website is the point where we focus our efforts; please join us in celebrating what the industry has to offer, the creativity it unlocks and the passion it ignites. Sign up to our newsletter scribblings at the link below.