What type of adhesive are available through Hume?
A. We offer two broad types of wallpaper adhesives:
- Wallpaper paste: which is a supplied as a powder and mixed with water to create the paste.
- Ready Mix adhesives: the adhesive is supplied pre-mixed with water ready to hang out of the container.
How many wallpaper pastes are available through Hume?
A: We offer two different Rasch wallpaper pastes:
- Universal. A standard wallpaper paste designed for vinyl, paper, embossed and expanded vinyl wallpapers.
- Non-Woven. A stronger wallpaper paste designed for non-woven wallpapers.
- The main difference between the two pastes is the Non-woven – Paste the Wall adhesive is stronger. Wallpapers with a non-woven, non-paper backing require a stronger adhesive to hang them.
How much wall area can you hang with the wallpaper paste?
- Universal: 250-gram packet – 30-35sqm of wall area [most rolls will hang approx. 5 sqm = 6-7 rolls]
- Non-woven: 250-gram packet – 25-35sqm of wall area [=5-7 rolls]
Do you have any ready-mix adhesives?
A: Yes! We are the exclusive distributor for the Gardiner Gibson Dynamite adhesive range.
What is a “ready mix” range?
A: It is an adhesive the has been pre-mixed and can be used straight out of the drum.
Who is Gardner Gibson?
A: Gardner-Gibson® is a full line manufacturer of roof, driveway and waterproofing coatings, caulks, spackles and wallpaper adhesives. They are a market leader in adhesive products operating more than thirteen manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America.
What Dynamite ready mix adhesives do we range?
- 234 – Premium Heavy Duty [Clear] Adhesive sold in 5 gal or 1 gal drums.
- 111 – Heavy Duty Clay based adhesive sold in 5 gal drums. Used when a stronger bond is required
- 760 – Vinyl over Vinyl adhesive. Used when sticking materials to non-porous substrates eg; vinyl wallcoverings, glass, mirrors, wood, metal and plastic.