Belbien Architectural Film
Want to renovate or transform your architectural surfaces the simple, efficient way with a minimum of fuss?
Explore the Belbien range of commercial grade, architectural films here...
What is Belbien?
BelbienTM is best described as an architectural film made from PVC and other synthetic engineering plastics. The range maintains over 500 BelbienTM patterns with more being added each year.
Patterns simulate wood grains, metallics, leathers, marble, two packs and a range of other patterns.
The patterns are classified into three basic categories including:
- Belbien [interior]
- Belbien EX [exterior]
- Belbien HS [high select/metallics]
Where can it be applied?
The applications for BelbienTM are extremely diverse. The following lists only a few of the many possibilities for the range:
- Marine vessels
- Lift compartments and entrances
- Department stores
- Hotel Lobbies and Conference rooms
- Escalator panels
- Store fixtures
- Reception counters
- Bathroom partitions
- Aircraft interiors
- Passenger trains
- Office buildings
Belbien Architectural Film - is an outstanding commercial grade material for refurbishments, fit-outs, and overhauls! It represents a new, innovative approach to surface design.
Explore our Belbien project galleries or scrolldown to read more about this amazing product
Why is it right for you?
Wide Range: With a large number of colours, patterns, and styles available you can be sure to get wall coverings to perfectly fit your spaces.
Interior and Exterior use: Suitable for a wide range of interior and exterior surfaces. Installed directly onto your existing walls and ceilings as well as being appropriate for steel, metal, and glass board surfaces.
Durable: An anti-corrosive film layer ensures resistance to direct UV sunlight, preventing colour fade over your wall coverings lifetime. During exterior applications it is protected from rain, snow, ice, smog, and other perils of nature.
Easy to maintain: Small damaged segments can be patched over. Larger areas of damage can be easily replaced with new strips. Reduces overall upkeep cost and time, keeping your wall coverings looking great every day.
Lightweight and thin. Belbien wigihs in a t 370gm per lineal m and is 0.15mm thick. The product used to renovate areas where weigiht or thickness is an issue and the low weight and thinness of the product ensures it can be repeatedly installed over the top of itself. One day a wood grain, the next day a metallic finish.
Quick to refresh / update. Once established and installed Belbien can be simply applied over the top of the last installation to refresh the surface. There are surfaces in the world today that have over 10 Belbien applications.
Why is a Belbien installation so fast and clean?
Belbien wall covering is the surface finish of choice when critical areas demand fast and clean installations. Belbien™ applies directly to existing wall and ceiling surfaces, adhering to laminates and other hard glossy substrates. There are no caustic odours from glues or solvents, and unlike paint or stain, Belbien™ is never wet. Extensive taping or masking of adjacent surfaces is not required.
Belbien™ wood patterns provide the look and feel of real wood without the dust and mess of repetitious sanding to achieve the desired effect. These advantages mean jobs are completed in a fraction of the time, minimising labour costs and site downtime.
Metal doors can be given a new look without affecting their movement or fire rating. With no demolition work required, elevators, doorways and emergency exits can be put back into use at any time, if required, during the installation process.
Why are the Safety, Fire, and Smoke Ratings so high?
Belbien received a “Class A” fire and smoke development rating. This quality makes Belbien the perfect solution for renovating lifts and other areas where strict fire and smoke development ratings are required.
Metal doors can be restyled without affecting their movement or fire rating. With no demolition work required, elevators, doorways, and emergency exits can be put back into use at any time during the installation process.
What are the key product characteristics?
- Lightweight: 370gm per lineal m
- Thin: 0.15mm thick. It is the same thickness as a coat of paint.
- Strong Bonding: The pressure sensitive adhesive system cures to ensure a very strong bond to the surface after 8-12hrs.This allows BelbienTM to be installed in high risk areas such as train stations, shopping malls, bathroom partitions etc...
- Flexible. Can be easily tailored up to 180 degree angles
- Conformable. The range can also be stretched to conform to three dimensional surfaces [up to 20-30% stretch]
- Durable. BelbienTM is highly durable and can be applied to surfaces where abrasion is a concern.
- Suitable for Internal or External use. The range has designs suitable for internal and external use.
- Fire Rated. In Australia and NZ BelbienTM has been tested by the CSIRO in accordance with standards AS/NZS 1530.3:1999 and AS/NZS 3837. Certificated are available on request.
- Marine Rated for ship building interior use.
- Stain and Solvent Resistant. BelbienTM offers excellent stain resistance to many substances.
- Easily to repair. BelbienTM is easily repaired on site in a very short period of time.
Belbien architectural film is a product that will change the way you think about design
Explore our sample galleries below